Welcome to Thought Tonic, a blog and podcast resource for ideas to refresh our thinking when we’re feeling stuck or stymied by worries, fear, or self-criticism, so we can move forward in our lives with greater calm, courage, and confidence.
- Are You “Shoulding” on Yourself?
- Stop Catastrophic Thinking in Its Tracks
- Four Thoughts that Helped Me Start a New, Healthy Habit
- Keep Your Coat Handy: How Expecting Setbacks Can Help You Spring Forward
- One Moment: Anxiety in Slow Motion
- Paint the Elephant: Daring to Enjoy the Holidays
About Your Host
Thought Tonic was founded by Scott Kahler (he/him) out of his experiences as a licensed therapist, a certified life coach, and a credentialed clinical supervisor. According to his mother, when Scott was very young – just 5 or 6 years old – he was asked what he wanted to do when he grew up; his answer was “to help people with what is in their heads.” This story is the inspiration behind the name, “Thought Tonic,” as Scott intends for the blog posts and their related podcast episodes to serve as a tonic to help visitors refresh their thinking and support their overall sense of well-being.