Fees and Insurance Information
Private Pay Fees
You may be wondering, “What are the fees?” I have the same fee for all individual and couples services (therapy, counseling, life coaching, supervision): $140 per 50-minute session. I offer free 20-minute phone consultations for prospective clients. For information about scheduling an appointment, see my Scheduling page.
You can pay by cash, check, debit card, credit card (American Express, Discover, Mastercard, or Visa), a Health Savings Account (HSA), or a Flexible Spending Account (FSA).
Payment is expected at the time of your appointment.
Insurance for Therapy and Counseling
I do not process paperwork for insurance claims; however, I can provide you with receipts that you can submit to your insurance company for reimbursement. Be certain that you understand your coverage before you schedule your first appointment with me, and let me know if you are going to want receipts. You can check your coverage by asking the following questions, among others, of your insurance company:
- Do I have mental health insurance benefits?
- What kinds of sessions do my mental health insurance benefits cover?
- How much is my deductible and has it been met?
- What is the coverage amount per therapy session?
- How many sessions per year does my health insurance cover?
- Is approval or referral for mental health services required from my primary care physician?
If you miss a session without canceling, or cancel with less than 24 hours’ notice, you will be charged the full cost of that session. The reason is that I have reserved that appointment time for you, and, unfortunately — without more than 24 hours’ notice — often cannot make it available to someone else who may want it.