Reach Your Goals through Life Coaching
In life coaching, I help clients identify their goals, developing plans for reaching their goals, and achieve their goals. I am professionally trained to help clients maximize their full potential and accomplish what they want.
You may be interested in life coaching if
- You are motivated and ready for change.
- You are looking for help in making the most of your present life, and in moving forward, rather than in trying to make sense of or heal from the past.
- You want help in identifying goals or have goals in mind, and want assistance in developing plans to achieve them; you may be looking for an accountability partner to support you in implementing your plans and overcoming any obstacles that may arise in the process.
- You want to optimize or build on what is currently going well in your life to increase your sense of personal and professional well-being and satisfaction.
- You are looking for help in maintaining and expanding gains you have made previously, perhaps in therapy (whether the therapy has been with me or someone else!).
For information about my fee for life coaching, please see the Fees/Insurance section of this website.
In coaching, I am dedicated to conversations with my clients in which they have the chance to identify and define what they want more of in their lives rather than dwelling on what they don’t, and then through which they get the support that they need to achieve their goals. As part of this process, we explore habits of thought, behavior, and other blocks that clients see as getting in their way, and when there are exceptions. I then partner with clients in confidence-building conversations about how they want to respond to challenges when challenges arise, and what they want to learn from the times when things go well. Finally, I talk with clients about how they want to use their time with me to support their progress towards the goals that they develop – to get more of what they want in their lives, and less of what they don’t – and about how they want to incorporate the successes that they experience into their lives for results that last. If, as I am working with a client in coaching, I get the sense that therapy would be useful or more appropriate (if, for example, the client is having a particularly hard time moving forward, toward goals, because of feeling emotionally “broken” or psychologically “sick”), I will offer that client referrals to other therapists; the client and I will discuss whether or not to continue coaching while the client is in therapy, or whether the client may want to return to coaching later.
Most of my coaching clients have been individuals, but I am also open to coaching couples and other dyads, and groups.
To learn more about how I think about life coaching and ways to respond to what can get in our way of living life the way we want, feel free to take a look at posts related to energy blocks in The Thought Tonic Blog.
I am a licensed therapist in the state of Indiana, and have training in life coaching through the Institute for Professional Excellence in Coaching. I also offer individual therapy and couples counseling. You can learn more about me in the About section of this website.
At Thought Tonic, LLC, we value and honor diversity, and welcome the opportunity to work with clients regardless of race or ethnicity, religion, gender or gender identity, sexual orientation, economic status, physical or mental special needs or challenges, or other aspects of our uniqueness as human beings.