Schedule with Scott Kahler
You can now schedule your appointment with Scott Kahler at Thought Tonic online via the Client Portal. See the information below for options and directions. For information about fees, visit the Fees/Insurance page. Please note that due to the rapidly evolving situation with COVID-19, all therapy, coaching, and supervision sessions with Scott will be conducted via video or phone until further notice.
Prospective or new clients
You may schedule one of the following:
- A free prospective client video consultation
- A first therapy or counseling session, which is called a “Psychiatric diagnostic evaluation without medical services” in insurance-language
- A first coaching session
- A first supervision session
You may choose one of the following:
- An individual therapy session, which is called “Individual Psychotherapy, 45 minutes”
- A couples/family therapy session, which is called “Family psychotherapy with patient present”
- A couples/family therapy session without the person present whose insurance is being used (if you’re getting receipts for filing claims on your own behalf), which is called “Family psychotherapy without patient present”
- A coaching session
- A supervision session
How long are appointments?
Free prospective client video consultations are scheduled for 20 minutes. All therapy, counseling, coaching, and supervision sessions are scheduled for 50 minutes.
How do I choose to have an appointment by phone rather than video?
My preferred medium for sessions in our current COVID-19 situation is video, so that our encounters can still take place face-to-face, but because I can imagine reasons that some clients may prefer sessions by telephone rather than video, I do make telephone sessions available as well. If you would prefer telephone sessions, please let me know so that I know to contact you by telephone at the time of our appointment. If there are times that telephone consultations don’t seem adequate for our purposes, I will suggest we try video, just as I will suggest we move to the telephone if there are times that we are using video and having trouble with the technology.
When you’re ready, click the “Let’s talk!” button below. That link will take you to the Client Portal, where you can choose an available day and time for one of the appointment options listed above.
Please note that Scott is not currently able to offer appointments with less than 24 hours’ notice; thus, you will not be able to schedule appointments with less than 24 hours’ notice via the Client Portal.
Existing clients can also use the Client Portal for secure messaging with Scott and access to billing information.
Clients with whom Scott has not met for more than 45 days may not be able to use the Client Portal to schedule their next appointment and will need to contact him by phone to do so.